Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[News] What's going on with the project?

Hey,

it's been a while since you've heard an update on what's currently going on. A lot of stuff happened and I want to cover these informations in this thread.

First of all, yes, we still work on the project. And can we tell you when we're gonna open the game for the next beta? Actually no. Let me explain you why:

When this project started, we had the goal to provide you the best Street Gears that was ever made. We still follow this goal which is also why we don't want to release something unfinished. Our first beta wasn't running as we expected and we learned from it. With the next beta we want to finish almost everything of the MMO world (aside from the social stuff like friends and clans) and the full lobby server (solo, team and item races). We had this almost finished when we found a new unreleased client. It was a china client that had a lot of changes and new stuff which I will explain later. Following our goal, we moved onto that client. Which means we had to update everything we did. Once this was done we experienced some weird crashes with their client. After digging into the client's code, we found out that the coding of the client was really unstable. Fixing all these errors would've taken ages because it seemed that this client wasn't ready for becoming published yet. This basically forced us, to move back to the old client and work with that one since it's way more stable. 

But all of this wasn't for nothing. We learned more about the game and most importantly, we were able to discover new stuff that will definitely interest you! We got new items and new maps that you definitely haven't played on yet! Enough said for now, let me show you some pictures:

[Image: CuUUfab.jpg]
[Image: rrijgab.jpg]
[Image: uK89eab.jpg]
[Image: 3QJTdab.jpg]

Those are the new maps and we hope that you're excited to see them Smile We'll wait with introducing the new items so stay tuned Wink Also we've made it possible to disable the frame limitation of 30 FPS in the old client. Which means that the new client will run with more than 60 FPS!

By this time I also want to say thanks to you. Thanks for still looking forward to play on our server. It's a lot of work and we're just a very few developer but we enjoy working on Street Gears. We all got a real life and work that we have to do aside from Street Gears but we'll try our best to be as fast as possible.

Thanks for reading and we hope you're gonna have a nice day.
Regards

(09-18-2018, 09:02 AM)K1ramoX Wrote: Hey,

it's been a while since you've heard an update on what's currently going on. A lot of stuff happened and I want to cover these informations in this thread.

First of all, yes, we still work on the project. And can we tell you when we're gonna open the game for the next beta? Actually no. Let me explain you why:

When this project started, we had the goal to provide you the best Street Gears that was ever made. We still follow this goal which is also why we don't want to release something unfinished. Our first beta wasn't running as we expected and we learned from it. With the next beta we want to finish almost everything of the MMO world (aside from the social stuff like friends and clans) and the full lobby server (solo, team and item races). We had this almost finished when we found a new unreleased client. It was a china client that had a lot of changes and new stuff which I will explain later. Following our goal, we moved onto that client. Which means we had to update everything we did. Once this was done we experienced some weird crashes with their client. After digging into the client's code, we found out that the coding of the client was really unstable. Fixing all these errors would've taken ages because it seemed that this client wasn't ready for becoming published yet. This basically forced us, to move back to the old client and work with that one since it's way more stable. 

But all of this wasn't for nothing. We learned more about the game and most importantly, we were able to discover new stuff that will definitely interest you! We got new items and new maps that you definitely haven't played on yet! Enough said for now, let me show you some pictures:

Those are the new maps and we hope that you're excited to see them Smile We'll wait with introducing the new items so stay tuned Wink Also we've made it possible to disable the frame limitation of 30 FPS in the old client. Which means that the new client will run with more than 60 FPS!

By this time I also want to say thanks to you. Thanks for still looking forward to play on our server. It's a lot of work and we're just a very few developer but we enjoy working on Street Gears. We all got a real life and work that we have to do aside from Street Gears but we'll try our best to be as fast as possible.

Regards

In all of this said, I wanted to just show some love and appreciation. I am not someone who has knowledge over how the devolpment of a game works, though getting there and doing more is basically one of my life goals. But with out straying too far from what I wanted to say, I just wanted to thank you. In all honesty, not everyone is always interested and passionate about some games out there and knowing that there's people who have actually gathered their minds and picked up their tools to re-create something that was once a fun game, makes me really happy. I don't know and I don't really want to know the details, I don't care about all the pros and cons. The effort and everything that is put into making all this is something that people would probably only reply with " You took too long // You haven't done enough // etc " when none of them were nearly as capable of getting there to begin with because if they were, someone else would have finished this already but given that nobody has, all I have here is to show appreciation and greatfulness for everything that is being done for this game. What makes me even more happy is that its not gonna be an NA Private Server (jfc for once, thank god) so having stable Ping and over all giving the EUs a little bit more love for once is something I honestly am super greatful about. Either ways, I thank you once more for everything you're doing. It might be dumb for me to say this and I would probably even get critisized, given that I don't know what is it that you all are doing but I don't really care how, where, what and why as long as the ending result of a Free Product is polished and great as we expect it to be.

Cheers and keep on going. Speaking for me personally, I'll be expecting great things from this. c:

Hi there,

I'm from Morocco and i debuted SG with the first era of French version, this game was a legend and I hope that you'll make it even greater.
Big up and if anyone of set uppers of Frenchy version is reading : I say hi to Guid, Ruyu, Earthspirit, Arakien, Bodyboard, Mizujin ... All of others.

(09-18-2018, 09:02 AM)K1ramoX Wrote: Hey,

Regards

Take your time, your fanbase is waiting for your game and we already waited 9 years and we will wait 9 more years if we have to. We love this game and we love the developpers, I think everyone can understand you and your Team! Heart

I absolutely adore Projects like this. Gamer are the best people Big Grin